Is it possible to build games without code?
Castle Game Engine
A downloadable engine for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android
Free open-source 3D and 2D game engine using modern Object Pascal.
- Use any 3D or 2D software to create your models in any format: X3D, glTF, VRML, Collada, OBJ, MD3, Spine...
- Develop cross-platform applications, for desktop (Windows, Linux, macOS...), mobile (Android, iOS), console (Nintendo Switch) and other (Raspberry Pi).
- Visual editor to design games UI and to build applications, powerful command-line build tool under the hood.
- Optimized rendering with a lot of graphic effects (shadows, mirrors, bump mapping, shader effects...).
- Build and edit the scene graph (X3D) at runtime. Create 3D processing, visualization tools and CAD applications.
- Extensible system for game objects, with physics, creatures with AI and navmesh, and more.
- Access numerous services, like in-app purchases and game services on mobile devices.
- Create cross-platform user-interface with anchors and automatic scaling.
The complete engine documentation (with manual and tutorials!) and a list of features is on https://castle-engine.io/ . If you have any questions, talk with us on Discord -- https://castle-engine.io/talk.php :)
And if you want to learn modern Object Pascal, read this: http://castle-engine.io/modern_pascal_introduction.html . It's very alive, high-level and cross-platform language!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Not really. You will need to write some code if you want to do anything beyond a demo. Most of the logic is in the code.
That said, you can start with some example that gives you most of what you need. For example our "fps_game" example (once you download the engine from https://castle-engine.io/ , it is in "examples/fps_game/" subdirectory) can be extended a lot by just editing the data files. You can add creatures, items by just editing respective XML files (docs on https://castle-engine.io/creating_data_levels.php , https://castle-engine.io/creating_data_resources.php ).
You could extend fps_game into a full FPS game without much additional code. (But you will still need something, e.g. to show "win" screen, or to code what using new items will do etc.)
Note that the engine version on Itch.io is rather old now (I want to update it once we release engine 7.0). So please download engine from https://castle-engine.io/ now. We've made a lot of new features since 6.4 release ( https://github.com/castle-engine/castle-engine/wiki/New-Features-in-Castle-Game-... ) and we work on official 7.0 release now.
Screenshots of these looks like one PSX game. Can you make a sequel to this Engine?
its not working for me in my files i font even know where to find the application
Instructions how to use the engine are on https://castle-engine.io/ , in particular see the "getting started" page ( https://castle-engine.io/documentation.php ) and the manual ( https://castle-engine.io/manual_intro.php ).
There is no visual application distributed with Castle Game Engine. You usually install Lazarus ( https://www.lazarus-ide.org/ ) to have an environment to edit and compile Castle Game Engine games.
If you expected a visual editor included inside the engine, like Unity3d editor --- I'm sorry, we don't have it yet. But we are working in it, see our plans for 2018 https://castle-engine.io/wp/2017/12/23/plans-6-4-release-asap-visual-editor-soon... :)